Heidi's Mom's Chicken Enchiladas
20 corn tortillas (we substituted with corn so they would hold together - corn ends up mushy)
3 chicken breasts, cooked, diced (to save time you can purchase a pre-cooked chicken if you want)
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 large green pepper, diced
2 small cans chopped green chilies
1 TB butter
26 oz. can cream of chicken soup
16 oz. sour cream
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 cup water
3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Salt and Pepper
In a Large casserole dish
1. Melt the butter in a large frying pan and saute the onions and green pepper until tender. Add some salt and pepper. When tender, add the copped green chilies and mix together. Remove from heat. Add the chicken and mix well.
2 Mix together the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and coriander. Add 1/2 cup of water. Remove 1 cup of this sauce and set aside. To the remainder of the mixture add 2 cups of the cheese and stir.
3. Mix the chicken/onion/pepper mixture with the sauce.
4. Place a large spoonful of the mixture in the center of a tortilla and roll gently, not tightly. (corn tortillas will crack if you don't soften them first (place tortilla stack in damp paper towels and microwave for 2 min. to really soften them). Flour will work ok for rolling. Place seam down in casserole dish. Fill the dish with enchiladas.
5. Pour the 1 cup of sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
6. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour or freeze.