- Thaw completely, this can be done in the refrigerator or on the stove.
- Add Worcestershire sauce (to taste) I knew I forgot something, this is it.
- If desired add a little garlic powder or fresh garlic.
- Simmer for 10- 20 minutes.
- You will thank me later. I can't believe I forgot that Worcestershire!
- Turn on oven broiler.
- Pour servings into oven safe bowls.
- Top with a slice of french bread.
- Top the bread with grated cheese: Swiss, provolone, Gruyere, a mixture of these or whatever you happen to have.
- Put the bowls on a cookie sheet in the oven.
- Brown the cheese.
- Take out and let cool before serving to your family.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
French Onion Soup